Packaging Order minimum case quantity only. Extra shipping fees may apply.
Paint & Composite Surface Prep Wipes
Techspray Clean & Prep Pre-Saturated Wipes combine aerospace approved chemistries and wiping material in easy-to-use dispensing tubs. Four solvents are available for paint and composite prep: isopropyl alcohol (IPA), acetone, methyl ethyl ketone (MEK), methyl propyl ketone (MPK).
Pre-saturated nonwoven, lint-free, durable rayon material reduces solvent consumption, environmental release of volatile chemicals (e.g. VOCs), accidental spills, and worker exposure.
Consistent wipe saturation allows for greater efficiency, error-free process repeatability, and final quality compared to saturating shop rags as you go.Select aviation / aerospace approved solvent:
- Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) - For removing dust, debris, light oils, and fingerprints for paint surface prep. Reusable canister reduces waste, solvent usage & VOC emissions while maintaining consistent saturation.
- Acetone - For removing dust, debris, oils, greases, adhesives, wet epoxy, and paint overspray in composite and paint surface prep. Very fast evaporating, powerful cleaner, and VOC exempt.
- Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK) - For removing dust, debris, and uncured resins during surface prep and clean-up of composite, metal bond and edge seal applications. Effective on removing PR-1422, 1435 and similar tank sealants.
- Methyl Propyl Ketone (MPK) - For removing dust, debris, uncured epoxy in composite surface prep, and inks in printing clean-up.
Features & Benefits
- Durable, lint-free wipe
- Aerospace approved wipe material & solvents
- Meets or exceeds AMS3819C and BMS15-5
- Prevent cross contamination – each wipe is new & clean
- Solvent-specific color-coded labeling
- Reusable canister reduces waste, solvent use & VOCs
- Refill rolls available to reduce cost & waste
- General clean-up on work station, tools & parts
- Surface prep before painting, adhesive application & carbon fiber layup
- Cleaning & degreasing